Business Awards offer an excellent opportunity to promote our businesses for free, so why do many businesses not take advantage of this excellent PR opportunity?
This question got me thinking, why do we so often take opportunities for granted, and as a result miss out? And this reminded me of the classic scene from The Life of Brian where Reg (John Cleese) of the People’s Front of Judiah is addressing an audience of masked Activists plotting against the Roman Empire:
“All right… all right… but apart from better sanitation, medicine, education, wine, irrigation, roads, a freshwater system, baths, public order, and public health… what have the Romans ever done for us?”
If you haven’t seen the film clip it is one of the funniest and best known Python scenes:
The point I am making is that business awards offer a fantastic opportunity for businesses to show case their successes, celebrate their team, and much more. Yet, many unsung heroes in our business communities don’t take advantage of these events.
Last year two of my clients won business awards which had a huge impact on their businesses. The PR in the local press and on social media generated more enquiries and new customers which resulted in huge growth in business.
New Business of the Year & Entrepreneur of the Year; Inese Stepanova from Inova Studio:
Best New Business Award Winner 2015. Alan Marriott from Property Press:
Benefits to your business:
So if you or your business would benefit from additional PR, an opportunity to mix with other local aspiring business owners, or being recognised as a local leading business, why not look out for the Business Awards in your area. Your Chamber of Commerce would be great place to start.
Taunton Deane Business Awards:
For businesses in the Taunton Deane boundary area the Taunton Deane Business Awards are now open for entries, the final entry date is 5pm 31st March 2016. The Somerset Business Awards will follow later in the year. https://www.tauntondeanebusinessawards.co.uk/
Free Training for Local Businesses:
To help local businesses I am offering a free training event to any business that enters the Taunton Deane Business Awards. This interactive 1/2 day workshop will provide 2 benefits for businesses:
- It will enable you to make a high quality application for the TDBA Awards
- It will also give you a bunch of ideas to help you further improve your successful business
The workshop will:
- Simplify the application process, saving you time
- Assist you to showcase your business in the best possible light
- Provide you with information that will help you take your business to the next level in 2016 and beyond, including:
- Destination & Business Planning – setting the future for your business
- Business Mastery – what are the fundamentals needed in business
- Sales & Marketing – how to generate predictable cash flow in your business
- Systemisation & Delivery – why consistent delivery ensures business growth
- Team development – how to create the team you need to run a successful business
- Time management – create the time to work ON not IN your business
You will leave the workshop with:
- A clear understanding of the application process
- Knowing how to complete a high quality application
- Energy, vision and focus for the next level in your business
- Ideas and inspiration to take your business to the next level
- Skills and tools to get more done in less time
- Practical strategies that you can use tomorrow!