Terms and conditions:
1. All businesses with an annual turnover of less than £1m, whose business premises are situated within the postcode address of Taunton Deane (as defined by TDBC) are eligible to enter. To confirm that you are within the Taunton Deane postcode, visit https;//www.gov.uk.uk/find-your-local-council. Entrants’ business addresses will be verified.
2. Entrants are classified as: Group A – (business with Annual Turnover from start-up to £100k) and Group B – (business with Annual Turnover from 100k to £1m). “Annual Turnover” means the Turnover figure shown in the most recent prepared accounts of the business as used for the basis for submissions to HMRC, for new businesses yet to submit any financial information to HMRC, projected turnover will be accepted.
3. Businesses can enter from 9th October 2014 with the closing date being 30th October 2014 at 23.59pm. Entries received after the closing date will not be counted.
4. Entry forms will be published in the Somerset County Gazette and available from each of the Sponsor’s business premises. Photocopies of entry forms and incomplete entry forms will be excluded without prior notification. The promoter takes no responsibility for any late, lost, illegible, damaged, incomplete or otherwise invalid entries. Entry forms must be posted to Martin Lock, Francis Clark LLP, Ground Floor, Blackbrook Gate, 1, Blackbrook Business Park, Taunton, TA1 2PX.
5. Entry forms must be submitted by an authorised person; the proprietor or a member of the senior management team of the business taking part. By submitting the entry form that person agrees to act as a representative of the named business. The Promoter may require verification of the information provided on the entry form. False or incorrect information will lead to automatic withdrawal from the Taunton Business Incentive and the business with the next highest position will be included as a finalist.
6. Information supplied by the business will be circulated to all sponsors as part of the judging process and for subsequent publicity. Businesses entering the competition must declare any relationship, association or conflict of interest with any of the Sponsors or their representatives. The judges will similarly declare any relationship, association or conflict of interest with any of the businesses entering the competition.
7. Two winners, one from each of Group A and Group B respectively will be selected, based on the entry forms submitted, by an independent panel of judges, representing the sponsors, and based on a public vote as overseen by the Promoter. The judging process will be as follows; Stage 1 – Selection; Judges will select 15 appropriate businesses from each group to enter the public vote. In making their selection, Judges will be particularly looking for potential for growth, as well as imagination and enthusiasm. Stage 2 – Public vote; The Judges top 15 from each Group will be published in the Somerset County Gazette with a photo and a profile of each business. The readership will vote for their preferred business. Stage 3 – Results; The results from the public vote will then be ranked and combined with the results from the judging panel to give one overall winner for each group.
8. Francis Clark LLP reserves the right, with or without any cause, to exclude any business from the competition at their sole discretion, and to withhold any aspect of the mentoring or marketing for breach of any of these terms and conditions.
9. The winners will be announced at the presentation evening on 2nd December 2014 at The Castle Hotel, Castle Green, Taunton. All finalists will be expected to attend the presentation evening. The event is by invitation only.
10. The Promoter, Media Promoter and Sponsors will not pass your personal details to any third parties without prior consent. They may, however, contact any business entering the competition in relation to their business and products that they feel may be of interest to the business. Please tick the relevant box on the entry form if you do not wish to be contacted.
11. All finalists will be able to use the Taunton Business Incentive branding for their own marketing purposes – subject to prior agreement with the Promoter and named sponsors.
12. The winners will be expected to take part in publicity over the next 12 months and by entering the Promotion the business agrees to take part in such publicity.
13. No alternative prize or compensation will be offered for any part of the Prize forfeited or not taken up. The Prize consists only of the elements expressly detailed above.
14. All enquiries about the Taunton Business Incentive should be directed to the Promoter; Francis Clark LLP, Ground Floor, Blackbrook Gate 1, Blackbrook Business Park, Taunton, TA1 2PX. No written correspondence will be entered into in respect of the judges’ decision.
15. Newsquest South West acts as solely in the capacity of Media Promoter. For full terms and conditions visit newsquest.co.uk/terms.
Promoter: Francis Clark LLP, Ground Floor, Blackbrook Gate, 1, Blackbrook Business Park, Taunton, TA1 2PX Media Promoter, Newsquest South West. Sponsors: Amicus Law, Carly Press, Somerset Business Agency, Word Gets Around, Taunton Deane Borough Council (“TDBC”) and The Castle in Taunton.
Newsquest Media (Southern) Limited, publisher of the Somerset County Gazette makes no warranties or representations in respect of the prizes offered by the Promoter or the Sponsors.